Roster Rules for Showcase HS/Select Events
- Rosters are due on the Monday prior to each tournament
- 22 man roster (max)
- If rosters are not received on Monday, teams are removed from event
- Prep Division defined as players graduating in 2021 or later
- Jr Division defined as players graduating in 2019, 2020 or later
- HS Division defined as players graduating in 2017, 2018 or later from one high school
- Sr Division defined as players graduating in 2016*, 2017, 2018 or later
- Younger players CAN play up….so they CAN be on 2 rosters (within same Organization)
- Teams are allowed 4 “Cross Roster” Players to play on Championship Sundays (both Semi and Finals if needed)**
* Teams can have no more than three (3) 2016 graduates. This is designed for “special circumstance players”. Players must be one of the following:
- Did not play in college in 2016
- Was a Red Shirt for a 4 year program
- Currently in Jr College and played no more than 1 spring in Junior College
** Cross Roster players are those players on a different team but within the same Organization. They must be PREDETERMINED and designated on the Monday Roster Submission to be eligible. This rule will enable teams to bring UP younger players or other arms on Sundays. The additional 4 players can still not exceed the 22 man roster!
- Only the players on the published roster can play each weekend
- No free substitutions….(But we allow each player to reenter the game 1 time)
- DH and EH allowed (EH will be considered a additional position, therefore he can be substituted into the game)
- NCAA Rules
- Courtesy Runners for Pitchers and Catchers allowed for speed up rules. (runners must not currently be in the lineup, but they can enter the game at a later point. If a team has only 10 players, the last recorded out (non pitcher or catcher) can be a courtesy runner)
- Jr Division – BBCore Bats (wood allowed)
- Sr Division – Wood Bats for Pool Play games, BBCore Bats (or wood optional) for Championship Sundays
- Prep Division - BBCore Bats -3 (wood allowed)
- Jr & Sr Division games will be 1:45 unless stated otherwise
- Mercy Rules…..12 after 3, 10 after 4, 8 after 5
- International Tie Breaker after 7 innings (1 inning only in Pool Play) (If tied when time runs out, 1 innings of Intl Tie Breaker then games ends regardless of outcome)
- Championship Games – No Time Limit. 7 innings, 2 additional innings if tied, International Tie Breaker thereafter
- Umpires will turn in final scores to SESS after games
Game Pitching Rules
- A Pitcher may not exceed 7 total innings in any one Showcase event
- If a Pitcher throws more than 2 innings on any given day, the pitcher has a mandatory 1 day rest requirement.
- Deposits are $250 (Fall Deposits are $200)
- Deposit guarantees your entry into the Jr or Sr Division (must be specified) (Fall no Divisions)
- Remaining fees are due on the Monday prior to the event along with your roster
- Deposits and Entry Fees are non refundable and non transferable
- If a team does not pay the entire fee on the Monday prior to the event, team will be dropped from the event
- Tournaments are filled on an invitation basis only! Teams must request invite to participate.
- Seeding will be dictated by Showcase Points (most points will always play teams with fewest points in Pool Play)
- Maximum of 8 teams per Division per weekend….4 teams per Pool (4 – 6 teams per event in Fall)
- In the event of rain, games may be shortened. After 2 games played, no refunds. At all times, the Showcase will cancel Championship games in an effort to ensure as many games for all teams as possible. We may declare a Champion based on win-loss, runs allowed, etc.
- If a team leaves a tournament….no refund
- $200 per game refund if less than 2 games and will be mailed within 2 weeks of the rained out event (Fall Refunds @ $100/game if 2 not played)
Additional Showcase Rules
- All Sr Division Teams must be able to play on Thursday night if scheduled
- 3 games of Pool Play determines Championship Games on Sunday
- There will be a Championship Game each week for both the Jr and Sr Divisions (with less teams, Championship game with no Semi Final)
- In the event of ties in Pool Play (also used in seeding with calculations based on per 7 innings for RA and RS with number of SESS events as last determining factor), SESS will use Head to Head, Runs Allowed , Runs scored and lastly…..coin toss to determine Semi-Final pairings
- In the event of a forfeit, runs will be counted as number of innings to 0 for the forfeited team. If game not played…..it shall be counted as 7-0.
- Players or Coaches ejected from a game are automatically SUSPENDED from the remainder of the event. (Site Director has final say on this)
- Points are as follows: (they are used for seeding in events)
- Champion – 3 points
- 2nd Place – 2 points
- Attending – 1 point
Teams should always arrive 1 hour before games as if games end early, games may be started ahead of schedule!
Teams should carry a copy of their Insurance with them at all times (or fax a copy in advance of events to 678.868.4455)
*If a tournament only has 4 teams in a Division, only 1st place and 2nd place receive points with remaining teams receiving 1 for attending.
2017 Showcase World Series Prizes....TBA
Friendlies & Fall Events
Friendly Matches are those events set up by the Showcase Series that have reduced prices, allow subs and serve as games for teams to play to continue showcasing their ability while allowing coaches to move them in and out of games as needed. Points do not apply and some of the Showcase Services will not be offered, however recruiters will be on site recording foot speed, velocities, etc.
All Fall events are OPEN events meaning no Jr or Sr Division. Entry Fee is $500 for 3 games and will all be played on the main site. Games are only played on Saturdays and Sundays.
As with all events, Teams are required to have insurance for their players. As we do not sell insurance, there are groups such as Nations Baseball (www.nations-baseball.com) that provides low cost accidental medical policies for teams.